Our hospital has dedicated 1200 square feet to equine and farm animals.
With an assortment of diagnostic tools, we are able to assess, diagnose, and successfully treat our patients.
- Endoscope: used to visualize problems in the pharynx, larynx, trachea, esophagus, and stomach. At the back end the endoscope can assess the urethra, vagina, uterus as well as bladder and colon.
- Ultrasound: used externally and internally to capture images of the thorax, abdomen, muscle, tendons, and any suspicious swelling. Also utilized to safely guide biopsy tools into areas that need tissue sampling.
- Digital Radiographs: used to enhance subtle changes in both orthopedic and soft tissue problems. Images can be enhanced as well as sent electronically to specialists for second opinions.
- Blood Analysis Machines: allow for accurate results in a timely manner. This aids in a rapid diagnosis and monitored response to treatment.
Equine Health Services:
- Lameness: full lameness evaluations, nerve blocks, joint injections, ultrasound, digital radiography, acupuncture.
- Surgery: Soft tissue and orthopedic services available, from lacerations, cryptorchids, hernias and patent urachus
- Reproduction: Uterine culture/cytology, transrectal ultrasonography, hysteroscopy, stallion collection and fertility evaluation, cooled and frozen semen breeding.
- Routine Health Care: Hospital or farm services include preventative, proactive health services. Pre-purchase exams, opthalmology, dentistry, reproduction, parasite control, nutritional consultation, vaccination review and implementation, 24/7 emergency calls available to established clients.
- Acupuncture: licensed IVAS veterinarian
Ruminant Health Services:
- Surgery: DA, C-sections, hernia, lacerations
- Nutritional Consultation
Contact Valley Veterinary Associates today at (607) 563-1345 to schedule your appointment, or browse our website for more information regarding Our Veterinarians or Pet Care Services.